Self Isolation Skincare
In this time of self-isolating and physical distancing, we are unable to treat ourselves as we would normally. BUT, even if we are all inside and at home, there are still things we can do in our beauty routines that will help us and our skin make it through glowingly!
Your skin constantly sheds cells, allowing new smoother cells to push their way up to the top layer of your skin. As we age, this process slows down. Physical exfoliants work on the top layer to remove these cells by using a friction like action, such as rice powder granuels.
Chemical exfoliation dissolves the intercellular glue that holds these dead cells together. Chemical exfoliators can penetrate deeper, where as physical exfoliators are surface only. There are many organic enzyme peels that are considered “chemical” because of the action they take to exfoliate your skin.
Is it necessary to exfoliate?
When we are younger, our skin tends to be smoother and a lot of us will deem this an unnecessary step. It is as we age that missing this step becomes apparent and more important. As I mentioned before, the “shedding process” slows down as we mature. So, this is where you get rough patches of skin, dull skin tone, clogged pores and just overall blah skin.
The benefits of exfoliating are: unclogged pores, blackhead removal, pore minimizing, detoxifying your skin by stimulation, controlling excess oil, improvement of skin tone and texture, lightening pigmentation and so much more. Not to mention, that your serums and moisturizers will work so much better when you rid your skin of that top, dead layer.
How often should I exfoliate?
This can range, depending on the skin and the sensitivity. Physical and Chemical exfoliants can be used 1-3 times per week. However, this does depend on your skins sensitivity level and your skin concerns. As a rule of thumb, start with 1 time per week and go from there. Never go past the 3 times per week, as you can end up over exfoliating your skin and causing damage.
What products can I use to exfoliate?
Here are a few Eminence Organics products, used regularly in our spa that are fantastic exfoliators to add to your weekly routine:
- Stone Crop Oxygenating Fizzofoliant – This powder-to-foam exfoliant employs microgreens, stone crop and rice flour with adzuki powder to infuse skin with a youthful looking glow. With its light fizzing action, this revitalizing formula gently invigorates the skin and removes impurities to reveal a beautiful, brighter looking complexion.
- Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant – Rice powder absorbs oil while lactic and salicylic acids remove dead skin cells. The strawberries and rhubarb infuse the skin with antioxidants.
- Red Currant Exfoliating Cleanser – The secret ingredient is our exclusive Youth Shield Antioxidant Complex, which hydrates and invigorates skin to give it that look of elasticity. Tea tree oil helps prevent the look of breakouts and finely ground olive seed gently exfoliates for revitalized and fresher looking skin.
- Monoi Exfoliating Cleanser – Wash away impurities, remove surface debris and experience smooth skin like never before with this multi-action, exfoliating cleanser infused with exotic monoi.
- Yam & Pumpkin Enzyme Peel 5% – Accelerate the exfoliation process with this enzyme peel that removes dead skin cells, reduces the appearance of pigmentation, fine lines and sun damage. This delicious purée of yam and pumpkin leaves skin looking firm and radiant.
- Pear & Poppyseed Microderm Polisher – Pear and apple pulp infuse your skin’s appearance with bioflavonoids and antioxidants, so when the skin’s roughness is washed away all that will be left behind is a rosy looking complexion.
- Rosehip & Maize Exfoliating Masque – As the maize flour in this mask exfoliates, rosehip infuses the skin with high quantities of antioxidant vitamin C. Irritated skin is then soothed by honey and zinc oxide. A perfect remedy for sensitive and oily skin.
Interested in any of these to purchase or any other Eminence products? Send a note to email@example.com